Sadly, I do not remember where I frist saw this recipe, so I can’t give them credit. The recipe originally called for crushed crutons, so I’ve left that in, but I usually use breadcrumbs instead.
I know this sounds ridiculous but don’t expect a hamburger when you eat this… it doens’t taste like a hamburger and if that’s what you expect you’ll be disapointed. Think of it as a chicken sandwhich and it’ll be much more enjoyable.
This recipe is really quite simple. Just throw everything in a bowl and mush it all together. Ok, so the recipe calls for onions, I don’t care for onions so I left them out, but most people like them in this dish.
Form the chicken in to patties, I like 1/3 lb patties, but you can make them any size you want. If you end up with really thick patties just make sure they’re cooked all the way through. Brush the patties on both sides with a little olive oil, since the chicken doens’t have as much fat as beef it needs a little help.
You can cook these on a grill or in the broiler, about 4 minutes on each side.
Put your chicken patty on a bun and top with whatever floats your boat…. er, burger…. whatever, you know what I mean.
Full recipe is below and also here in pdf.
- 1 ½-2 lbs ground chicken
- 3 tbsp water
- ¾ c crushed garlic crutons or seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- ½ c chopped onion
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- olive oil (for brushing)
- hamburger buns and other desired fixings
- Place all ingredients except oil into a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Form chicken mixture into patties. I usually make ⅓ lb patties.
- Brush both sides with olive oil
- Cook on a grill or under the broiler for about 4 minutes per side.
- Place patties on a bun and top as desired!